FORTE has a Proctorial system where administration of student related matters pertaining to all acts of indiscipline are delegated to the Proctorial Board. FORTE Proctorial Board is chiefly responsible for ensuring that rules and regulation framed by Institute are being followed by the students.
Some specific responsibilities of the Proctorial Board are as follows:
1. To maintain discipline in the Institute; ensure Institute rules are understood and followed;
2. To keep an eye on the general moral behavior of the students
3. To prevent the student from indulging in any political activities on Institute premises.
Cases of indiscipline or indecent behavior of any student, cases of individual/ group harassment, threats, manhandling etc. are dealt strictly by the Proctorial Board.
Chief Proctor is assisted by additional proctors and all HODs will be the default members of the Proctorial board and will have a deciding role if student involved are of their departments.
The Proctorial board will have at least one lady member other than HODs and will be the chairman of the committee for enquiry against sexual harassment, Eve-teasing or disrespectful behavior or any misbehavior with a girl student.
The FORTE Rules and Regulations are generally followed. However, the Proctorial Board at its discretion can add additional norms or delete existing ones separately depending on the nature and need of the enquiry.
The Proctorial board will follow following procedure to initiate enquiry if the complaint is ascertain:
1. The complainant is called for hearing and his statement is recorded.
2. The accused person(s) is called for recording his/her statement.
3. Witnesses mentioned by both parties are listed and they are called for recording their depositions.
4. Any evidence, from security staff/ staff or other persons, who were present there and had witnessed the incident, are called and their statements recorded.
5. A cross-examination of the accused and the complainant is conducted.
6. If any material evidence, like audio/video tapes/paper documents etc. is available, the same is examined. The authenticity is established from the submitted documents.
7. Finally a comprehensive report is prepared where specific charge against the accused is framed and a show cause notice is issued and accused will be suspended from classes till he submit his defense and punishment is decided.
8. The defense given by the accused persons in the show cause notice is studied and examined.
9. A report is prepared as per the “FORTE Students’ Discipline and conduct Rules”, appropriate disciplinary action is recommended.
10. Final report and recommendations is submitted to Director General/ Director for approval & final decisions
11. Consequently, the award of punishment is conveyed to the student duly signed by Chief Proctor and Director.
12. The punished student has the right to appeal against the punishment and Chairman is the empowered authority to deal with appeals.