Civil engineering is the discipline that traditionally covers streams such as earthquake Engineering, architectural engineering, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, geophysics, control engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal or urban engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, offshore engineering, coastal engineering, quantity surveying, geodesy, surveying and construction engineering etc.
Department runs B.Tech. program which is a four-year course oriented undergraduate program. For this the course work is spread across all the 8 semesters. These courses are taught here towards the fulfillment of the degree requirements and include a set of core subjects which are prescribed by the university syllabus as well offers some departmental electives and open electives. In addition, the programme curriculum includes 4 weeks of industrial Training after VI semester and students take-up projects in batches from the seventh semester to finally complete it in their eight semester.
- Our students function successfully in the fundamental areas of Civil Engineering, and within a specialty, such as structural, geotechnical or water resources engineering.
- Graduates are prepared for advanced education in Civil Engineering and related fields.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Scope of Employment
- Building Control Surveyor
- Building Services Engineer
- Engineering Geologist
- Quantity Surveyor
- Site Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Water Engineer